These types of smoothies are easy to make, tasty and full of nutrients. Your body will most definitely appreciate the goodness it offers.
I am sharing one of my favourite smoothies, that I enjoy before my high-intensity sports sessions. I prep and drink it 2 hours before any HIIT session. This super smoothie is packed with vitamins, protein and minerals, making it perfect for active people and super busy too!
Vitality vegan smoothie – Select and buy the ingredients
The heavenly combination of fruits, veggies, black Maca powder and yoghurt milk makes it super creamy and so good that you’ll keep it in your repertoire. I promise that breakfasts will never be quite the same again!
Take the following steps to create a healthy yet powerful smoothie
Step 1. Choose your Liquid base – this can be two types of liquid (the more you add the runnier it gets)
step 2. Blueberries – small berries are fully packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, K and fibre well worth considering adding to your smoothie, porridge or as a snack.
Step 3. Add veggies, spices – To get the most out of your smoothie, bulk it out with leafy greens.
Go for kale or spinach. These will give your smoothie that rich green colour, whilst packing in further vitamins and minerals.
To make it into a superfood – add any of these: a tablespoon of cacao, Acai, bee pollen,
Maca (red or black) matcha baobab, all well known as superfoods in the media outlets due to their exceptionally high levels of nutrients. Red Maca is highly
The key to a great, delicious healthy smoothie is:
- Experimenting combinations
- Taste and repeat it.
- You will be surprised to know that different blend of flavours and spices complement each other very well.
Always go for a complete green smoothie for your breakfast to include veggies and fruits. Aim in between 7-10 daily
Vitality Vegan Smoothie
- 220 ml Coconut yoghurt/milk natural
- 1 Apple remove stem & cut
- 1 Kiwi chopped (no skin)
- 1 Banana Fresh or semi-frozen
- 1/2 cup Berries Handful frozen
- 1 spoon Protein powder Your own
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds or Flax seeds heaped
- 1 tbsp Black Maca powder
- 10 grams Almonds optional (if you use almond milk)
- 5-10 grams Seeds Sunflower
- 20 grams Kale
- 1 zest Lime
- Get a 4-5 blade blender, and pour in all of the frozen ingredients first,
- then add the fresh fruit, followed by Kale, Maca powder and your protein powder,
- pour in the milk, yoghurt and give it a whizz until smooth.
- Check the consistency of your drink and add some more milk or water to thin down,
- Pour into a large or tall glass and enjoy!