Chocolate banana maca smoothie is among our favourite smoothies. Whether you make it for a midday energy boost or after sports, you most certainly will benefit from its goodness.
It is a super easy healthy smoothie to make, packed full of potassium, magnesium, antioxidants and energy boosters!
I rather make it with almond milk, however, coconut milk works well too. I alternate the two and sometimes add a bit of water. It is really important to use both at room temperature bananas and a half of a frozen banana to give it that smooth texture.
Tip: Learn more how to freeze bananas.
Raw Cocoa powder for Healthy smoothies
Cacao contains the highest concentration of magnesium and antioxidants of any food on the planet! It is more frequently known as cocoa powder.
However, there is a huge difference in the temperature in which it is processed. Raw cacao powder is fermented, sun-dried and pressed, so it never reaches a temperature above 114 degrees, which is ultra important to maintain its health benefits.
Making it the perfect ingredient, as it does not have any extra additives, such as sugar.
Question: Is cacao a fruit or vegetable? Answer: It is extracted from the nut inside the fruit.
Who knew you could get a rich chocolatey taste with zero sugars, and many times over, it has been said to be a super cancer fighter!
Maca is by definition a superfood (powder) grown high in the mountains plateaus of the Peruvian Andes.
Raw maca powder can be tough to digest, so, I recommend the gelatinized maca powder which is far easier and ready to use.
Yes, it is a concentrated form made by extracting the starch, making the maca more digestible and the nutrients more bio-available for increased absorption.
Cocoa Banana Maca Smoothie
- 1 Banana ripe preferably
- 1/2 Frozen banana 5 large slices
- 3/4 cup Coconut milk
- ½ tbs Cacao powder Raw
- 1/2 tsp Gelatinized Maca powder Maca improves the hormonal, physical and emotional states of people.( everyday).
- Print this recipe
- Take the pre-cut frozen banana out (at leasts 15 minutes)
- Prep all the remaining ingredients or get them out on the workspace
- Combine it all into your blender for 1-2 minutes.
To sum up – this chocolate banana maca smoothie is:
- Super healthy and nutritious: You get the sweetness from the bananas, the chocolatey flavours from the cocoa powder, and milk. You can always add red maca powder for the ladies (helps hormonal) and other optional ingredients such as: the chia seeds or flaxseed’s packed with fibre and nutritional value.
- Quick and easy to make: make it under 5 minutes.
- Perfect for breakfast or workouts: It’ll make for a quick breakfast or to fill up your travel cup to go.
- Vegan and gluten-free, too.
- 100% free of additives.
Enjoy this delicious chocolate, banana, and maca smoothie recipe at any time of the day!