Drinking beet juice will support and clean blood flow in adults over 50’s. A recent study* has recently shown the results for the first time.
Many recent studies have shown for the first time that drinking beet juice will support and clean blood flow in adults of a certain age.
Beets or beetroot contain betaine and phytonutrients called betalains which support detoxification
in the liver. Drinking beet juice can also help remove heavy metals and other toxins.
Beets grow from the root portion of the plant, (underground) which we also call beetroot. Their scientific name is Beta vulgaris.
Nutritional highlights: Blood purifier.
Beet juice benefits
Beetroot or beets are low in fat and high in fiber. They are rich in phytochemicals, minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins B and C. Vitamin C fights ageing and protects the human body from cancers by assisting in the removal of free radicals.
It is also rich in:
- and potassium which supports our heart health.
That is why nutritionists and dietitians said that beet is a superfood.
The beet juice recipe
This is one of the best versions of your beet juice recipe that aims to enhance flavor and nutritional content.
Buy the following fresh ingredients:
- 1 medium organic beetroot (scrubbed well, skin on)
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 large kale leaf (stem removed if preferred for a less bitter taste)
- 1/4 inch of ginger root (finely chopped or grated)
- 1/2 medium organic apple (optional, for natural sweetness)
- 1/2 lemon, peeled (for a vitamin C boost and to add a zesty flavor)
- 1 small carrot (optional, for additional nutrients and sweetness)
- A pinch of ground turmeric or a small piece of fresh turmeric root (for extra anti-inflammatory properties)
- A small cucumber (optional, for extra hydration and a more liquid consistency)
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt or sea salt (to enhance flavors and add trace minerals)
Follow the instructions:
- Wash all the vegetables and fruits thoroughly.
- If you have a high-powered juicer, you can put the ingredients through the juicer as they are. If your juicer is less robust, roughly chop the beet, apple, and carrot to ensure a smooth juicing process.
- Start juicing with the softer ingredients first – cucumber (if using), followed by apple, kale, mint, ginger, and turmeric.
- Proceed with the beetroot, carrot, and finally, the lemon.
- Once all ingredients are juiced, stir in a pinch of Himalayan pink salt or sea salt.
- Taste the juice. Depending on your preference, you can adjust the sweetness or tanginess by adding more apple or lemon.
- Serve the juice immediately, or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours to preserve the nutrients and enzymes.
Try the most healthy recipe that has numerous health benefits.
Drink the juice just after the cut to enjoy it even more. Buy organic to keep a clean diet.
Stock up on organic fruits and veggies like kale, spinach, apples, lemons, ginger, beets, carrots, etc.
You might want to try our apple, lime and ginger fennel juice.
Image credit: Laura lauracuriacu