When you feel a bit lethargic or low on energy you need protein boost or superfood to get you up and running. My go to is chocolate powerhouse.
This smoothie is also on my top five list. I will pick the recipe when I feel stressed or overwhelmed.
Listening to my body is what I do first, it’s essential. I don’t know about you, but I crave different foods and drinks depending on my mood, fatigue and/or when I feel mentally tired.
I need to stay alert, feel alive, otherwise I can’t be productive and for me having a positive and healthy mindset is ultra important. Other smoothie I like to make is blueberry, cherry maca powder helps improve my daily productivity and stay alert almost all day.
Don’t let “I don’t have much time” thoughts stop you getting healthy. Instead start the day by saying affirmation phrases like:
“I enjoy taking time to create or make important things for myself”. And my health is super important. My family and I, come first always. After that, everything else gets easier when I take care of me first. Yeah, be a bit selfish.
When I get stressed or irritated, it’s crucial that I can stay calm and grounded. Making healthy food, drinks or smoothies helps me turn things around.
For example today, I did my morning rituals. Got up, drank a glass of water and had a coffee with homemade banana and pecan cake. Then, did my Gigong for 25 minutes (Ba Duan Jin includes deep breathing ) and then I started prepping my smoothie. It only takes me 3-4 minutes all together.
Check the recipe below, you can either print it or keep it on your screen – it real is a power house smoothie and feels like a delicious mid-morning treat.
Chocolate Powerhouse Smoothie
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Banana ripe preferably
- 1 Cup Spinach or 2 big Kale leaves
- 1 Tbsp Almond butter
- 1 Scoop Full chocolate protein powder Use Belgian chocolate for nicer taste
- 1 Cup Coconut milk 3/4 or full
- 2 Ice cubes
- Print this recipe
- If you have frozen blueberries and banana (defrost it for at leasts 15 minutes) and you don't need to add ice cubes.
- Prep all the remaining ingredients or get them out on the workspace
- Combine it all into your blender for 1-2 minutes.
- If you going for a training session you can add ½ avocado to it!