This healthy smoothie recipe may be considered a great superfood drink. Perfect to start the day or as a mid-morning energy boost.
Truthfully, full of goodness and flavours, it can be ready in under two minutes, before you jump into your office chair or take it with you on your commute.
Packed with iron, potassium and plenty of vitamins for you to enjoy. Of course, this is also a completely vegan, fruit, based breakfast. If you have access to a market, buy fresh fruit if you can (preferably organic). Either way, your smoothie will taste so delicious that even the angels would find it divine. 🙂
If you are going to the gym, run or any other body training you might need to add extra of your own protein powder. Also check my chocolate smoothie powerhouse.
Quick note: If you are looking to buy a smoothie maker, we would highly recommend “Kitchen Aid blender”. It has solid blades and is ergonamic, super practical, with multiple mixing features, very efficient. We also use this great machine for juices, sauces, soups or pulverising tomatoes for our different pasta recipes.
Blueberries Cherries Banana Maca Smoothie
- 1 Banana ripe medim size preferably
- 1 cup Dark cherries Frozen all pitted – You can get fresh cherries
- 1 ½ cup Blueberries frozen
- 1 tsp Maca powder Maca improves the hormonal, physical and emotional states of people.( everyday).
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt 5% Fat (Optional)
- Print this recipe.
- Take the frozen blueberries/cherries out
- Prep all the remaining ingredients or get them out on the workspace
- Combine blueberries, cherries, and banana. Don't forget to cover the blender. Blend for 1 minute until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve. Note: instead of 300ml of water you can add almond milk.