We all lack time by the end of a busy day. Maybe did not fancy going to the supermarket because you’re tired and/or missed a grocery slot delivery (during Covid). Making a quick and easy healthy pea pasta in 10 minutes.
You probably know that there are hundreds of pasta dishes recipes. For example, you could start by prepping the perfect tomato sauce ready to use under 20 minutes.
You could also freeze it for later pasta dishes. Wholegrain pastas can be very healthy and certainly score high with your kids. They also tend to be filling, easy and quick to cook.
If you want to make pasta dishes a bit healthier on your own, you might use recipes which include foods that offer health benefits such as olives, pine nuts and always serve with plenty of veggies such as broccoli, peas, or a side salads.
So, following that idea, I’ve chosen the following recipe as they are so EASY to make. You only have a few steps to make it and use relatively little equipment. The most important part to take away is – they are also mighty delicious and healthy of course.
Easy Peasy Pasta (healthy)
- 150 g or approx 2 cupfuls Frozen peas
- 200g Pasta shapes (preferably wholewheat)
- 2 tbsp Grated cheese (Parmesan or vegetarian/vegan cheese alternative) leave a few shavings for serving
- ½ teaspoon Italian dried herbs
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt (also try whole yogurt or plant based plain yogurt) or 3 tbsp cream cheese mixed with 1 tablespoons milk
- Cook the pasta following the packet instructions, adding the peas for the final few minutes
- Drain, leave 2 tbsp water in with the pasta and toss with the rest of the ingredients
- Season to taste
- Serve with parmesan shavings while the sauce is hot. If you leave the pasta to sit, it will soak up the sauce
- Add a side salad (or portion of mixed frozen vegetables) to help you get you reach your 5 /day of fruit and vegetables
- Happy eating