To defend ourselves from the elements, and unfortunately (now) the Covid-19, we need to prepare the immune system during the winter months.But also from other unexpected daily situations.
Annette Hess, associate professor in Samford University, says that we can help immune system by taking more vitamins like zinc and vitamin C. She also suggest to first consulting with your doctor/GP about adding these supplements to your daily diet.
U.K. related advice: Foods to boost your immune-system
Autumn (Fall) o winter time is knocking at the door and some of us continue to run around at a fast pace (school runs, deliveries, long hours in the office, etc).
So, to do that, in today’s post we will share (below) the ultimate “immunity booster smoothie” to help you fight the flu and keep you healthy longer.
Keeping energy levels going during the flu season isn’t very difficult and it shouldn’t be optional. Especially in these difficult times. We also highly recommend checking our chocolate powerhouse, its so chocolicious.
Delicious Booster Smoothie
So, here is a super delicious immune booster smoothie packed with plenty of antioxidants, vitamins along with other must have nutrients.
Vitamin C is so important and can be found in citrus fruits and vegetables like broccoli and peppers.
Immune Booster Smoothie
- 1 Kale, Spinach or Broccoleaf A good handful
- 1 Banana ripe (preferably)
- 1 Kiwi (peeled) or blueberries
- 1 cup diced frozen mango
- ½ lemon Raw
- 300 ml Water
- Print this recipe
- Note: There isn’t a particular way to start your smoothie recipe. It makes sense to start with solid ingredients first.
- Add the banana, Kiwi, ( or blueberries) diced mango pieces, then add spinach or Kale to the mix. Finally, squeeze the lemon juice in (half) – (you can use a spoon) so you will get all the juice out.
- At this point you can blend it together before adding the filtered water and spoon in your powder if you like.
- Finally combine it all into the blender for 1minute.
Kiwi Fruit Factoids
We found that there are some inconclusive studies about the Kiwi’s overall health benefits. But it seems that it also protects our DNA. However, it’s known to us that there are certain compounds in the kiwi fruit that gives us this ultra protective antioxidant with massive healing properties.
You’ll mostly benefit from other nutrients most commonly known with kiwi fruit such as:
- vitamin C
- vitamin K
- vitamin E
Powerful smoothie booster variation
You can also replace the spinach with broccoleaf or Kale if you have it. Depending on where you are you could use pineapple fruit, as it contains high levels of vitamin C and manganese, this fruit has good amount of vitamin B in it.
Keep the daily goodness in for longer with this super delicious immune booster.
Let us know which version you enjoyed the most. 🙂