Kale chips make the perfect pre-dinner appetizer and bite size party snacks. They are healthy, crunchy, and visually appealing. The key to cooking great kale chips is the oven temperature. I have found that a lower setting and longer cooking time helps the kale maintain its bright beautiful green color.
The oil on the kale chips should be used sparingly. The chips only need to have a very thin layer to help give them a nice glossy sheen and the desired crunchiness. Olive oil may be substituted with grapeseed oil or coconut oil.
Kale chips may be cooked a few hours before they will be eaten, which allows you to cook them early so you have the rest of the day to prepare dinner or a prepare for a party. Kale chips will the hit of the night!
Green Kale Chips
- 5 kale leaves
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Remove the stems from the kale. Tear the leaves into 2 inch bite size pieces.
- Pour olive oil into a small container. Dip your fingers in the oil and rub a small amount onto each leaf.
- Place the kale in a single layer onto a cookie sheet(I prefer to use parchment paper or a silicone mat).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the over for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.