Making a vegetarian frittata for a super filling lunch or dinner is simple, and quick. Vegetarian meals are healthier and easy to prep. Just let your imagination run wild or just follow the recipe below.
You can cook it with a variety of veggies. Pick the ones in season or any vegetable that you like. For instances, I like baking mine with broccoli, plus some leafy greens salad on the side. It works very well and you’ve a tasty nourishing lunch or dinner as like.
Keep reading to discover my tips on how to make different and versatile frittatas. I promise that it all taste delicious.
Vegetarian frittata variations
In order to pull out a delicious frittata, you need some fresh ingredients, a good pan, and some extra ingredients such as zucchini aka courgette, some eggs, cheese and why not take any leftovers out of the fridge.
It can easily be adapted to suit your palate. The good news is that this vegetarian recipe is so versatile that it is perfect for week meals or weekend brunch up.
A vegetarian (or not) frittata can:
- Be enjoyed hot or cold.
- Perfect quick lunch or dinner.
- Ideal when leftovers in the fridge (potatoes, asparagus, peas and any cheeses).
When making a vegetarian frittata recipe, select vegetables that are in season. I suggest side salads to go with if you like veggies.
For those you love avocados like I do, then cut two halves pour in tiny spoon of olive oil, add some Arugula and cherry tomatoes as side dish.
- Cast iron pan
- Silicone spatula
- 1 ½ tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 medium Courgette No courgette defrost cup of frozen peas.
- 5 Eggs
- Feta cheese Greek or any good quality to add taste
- 1 clove Garlic
- ⅓ cup Milk
- ½ tsp Herb de Provence Or any herbs you like
- 1 Oignon
- 2 Potatoes Pre-cooked
- 1 ½ Peppers Bell preferably
Heat coconut oil in a cast iron pan preferably or Tefal pan (10 – 13" ), add the garlic, onion and cook for approx 3-4 minutes.
- Mean time, pick a jug or a bowl, whisk together the eggs, feta cheese, milk, herbs and seasoning. Put aside.
- Add the bell pepper, potatoes to the pan and cook for a 2 minutes. Keep half for the garnish.
- Add the sliced courgette (or your favorite veggie and cook for a min.
- Grab the jug and give the egg mixture a quick final whisk and pour it over. Adjust the mixture evenly across your fry pan.
- If you haven't got a cast iron then cover with kitchen foil & cook it for approx .8- 10 minutes medium gas.
- Check if the edge of the frittata has turned lighter gold colour. See notes.
Are frittatas healthy?
Vegetarian Frittatas are as healthy as you can make them. Add two to three types of fresh veggies, and you are in for a treat.
What to serve with frittata for dinner?
Several options are available to you:
a) Mixed green leaves.
b) Avocado with tomatoes and olive oil on side.
c) Arugula will deliver a peppery bite
d) Frisée or green leaf