Fennel is a delicious vegetable that smells exactly like black licorice. Even if you don’t like the taste of black licorice, you will love the taste of this roasted fennel. Fennel tends to shrink down when cooked, so make more than you think you will need. The above picture only fed two of us as a side dish.
- 1 fennel bulb per person
- 1 T. olive pil per bulb
- ¼ c. shredded parmesan per bulb
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut fennel bulbs horizontally into ½ inch slices
- Lay fennel in a single layer on an oiled baking dish
- Drizzle with olive oil. And sprinkle with parmesan salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Serve immediately.